Pages

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Blood Soaked & Contagious


Blood Soaked & Contagious

by James Crawford


Description from Goodreads:



I am not going to complain to you about my life.
We’ve got zombies. They are not the brainless, rotting creatures we’d been led to expect. Unfortunately for us, they’re just as smart as they were before they died, very fast, much stronger than you or me, and possess no internal editor at all.
Claws. Did I mention claws?
I kill them for a living, but it’s as much a vocation as a freelance career choice. It helps me, helps my neighborhood, and the people I consider to be my family of choice. What’s more? I’m really good at it.
My life had a nice rhythm, but the military bungled an attempt to wipe out an organized bunch of undead near a major commuting route into DC. The formerly-human survivors relocated. Now they’re less than an hour’s stroll away from where I live.
The new Zombie Overlord is smarter, crazier, and better equipped than anyone we've dealt with before. He will wipe us out, every man, woman, and child... I've seen it done for lesser reasons... because we have something he wants, and he does not take "No" for an answer.
ebook, Full Novel, 260 pages
Published September 15th 2011 by Smashwords  (first published August 25th 2011)  
edition language
English
series
Blood Soaked #1 
setting

Arlington, Virginia (United States
 


My Review:



I love zombie books and this one has a new twist.  The zombies are smart and they plan to use the remaining uninfected people as cattle.  They plan to capture and keep them as food.  This book has all the things I love in a book.  Horror, science fiction, romance and humor all rounded into one book.  Frank is the main character of the book has and enter dialog going on that is funny as hell.  Also there are some crazy, family dysfunctional values which help provide the humor.  He is friends with a man and wife, who are a brilliant scientist and a doctor.  There is an evil villain that wants the scientist to work for him.  This is where the science fiction comes in.  Frank fall in love with his other friend sister.  She is both beautiful and very adept to the new zombie world.  In other words she can and does kick ass, hence the romance.  As for the horror, it is a zombie book.  Need I say more?  Ok, it is an excellent zombie book.  This novel has lots of action and lots of gore.  The author is wonderful at description and brings the scenes alive with words.  The characters are real and amazing.
I haven’t read anything by James Crawford previously and received this book when it was free on amazon.  As soon as I finished Blood Soaked and Contagious I went back to amazon and purchased Blood Soaked and Invaded which is actually the first book. 
Don’t miss this one or you will be missing out on a fantastic read.  I can’t wait to start reading the beginning novel.  Hope this series continues past Blood Soaked and Contagious.  I want to know what happens to my new friends.  


From the Author:



 I'm writer, artist, amateur bladesmith and subversive suburbanite when no one else is looking. My wife and I live in the Washington, DC area where I pursue hobbies that pay off in cuts, burns, tendonitis, full sketchbooks, and the occasional freaky idea. Once in a while, those freaky ideas refuses to die and shamble off to create lives of their own.
















Links:




No comments:

Post a Comment